PACE End-of-the-Year Celebration
Join the School of Public Affairs & Civic Engagement as we honor the 2019 graduates of Criminal Justice Studies, Environmental Studies, Gerontology, Public Administration and Urban Studies & Planning!
Save the date
FRIDAY, MAY 24, 2019 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
Patio Español, 2850 Alemany Blvd., San Francisco
SF State’s Commencement Ceremony will be held on Tuesday, May 28, at Oracle Park
Ticket information is below.
Sponsor the PACE graduating class of 2019
We seek sponsors to help underwrite PACE's culminating event, the school’s annual celebratory dinner for awardees, graduates and their families. Your generous contribution, a portion of which is tax-deductible, will help ensure that graduates can afford to attend and celebrate this major academic and professional milestone with their peers, faculty mentors and loved ones. Sponsorships start at only $100. Join us in congratulating and honoring the next generation of PACE alumni!
Thank you to our generous sponsors
Stella Ka Yuen Chau, MPA ’18
Richard Hom, O.D., Ph.D., MPA ’10
Danielle Horcabas, ’04 & MPA ’15
Matthew Simmons, ’99 CJ
Louis Cayetano ’09 CJ
Call for Nominations:
2019 PACE Alum of the Year, Public Service and Civic Engagement Award
The School of Public Affairs & Civic recognizes distinguished alumni and community engagement organizations whose achievements exemplify the excellence of SF State and PACE at the PACE End-of-the-Year Celebration. PACE promotes and rewards innovation and excellence in public service by individuals and organizations that promote social justice and sustainability.
Help identify distinguished alumni and organizations by submitting a nomination for one or more of the awards listed here:
- Alum of the Year, honoring the extraordinary contributions of a graduate who has demonstrated the core values of PACE – passion, skill and leadership – to make a substantive impact within their community
- Public Service Award, honoring the extraordinary contributions of a civil servant from any level of government
- Civic Engagement Award, honoring the extraordinary contributions of an individual or organization that has made a substantive impact within their community
Please include the first and last name of your nominee, the year of graduation, if known, and a brief narrative not to exceed three paragraphs explaining why this person should be considered.
The postmark deadline for completed nominations is May 1, 2019. Contact Bridget McCracken, director of academic services, at email@example.com or 415-817-4455 if you have any questions.
Congratulations to our graduating class — the largest in PACE history!
This event has sold out. Tickets are no longer available.
Please be advised of the following:
- The dinner menu includes non-alcoholic drinks, mixed tossed green salad with vinaigrette dressing, entrée with side dishes (choice of vegetarian lasagna or chicken breast in a sherry cream sauce), rolls and butter, freshly brewed coffee and dessert.
- Graduating students should purchase one ticket for themselves and a ticket for each of their guests.
- Tables seat 10 guests each. If you have a large group, you may want to arrive to the early to secure your table, since seats will not be reserved in advance.
- Students are not required to wear academic regalia for the PACE graduate recognition ceremony.
- San Francisco State University’s annual Commencement celebration for all graduates will take place Tuesday, May 28, 2019, rain or shine, at Oracle Park. Graduates may bring up to seven guests to Commencement. For more information about Commencement, visit the Commencement website.
- Participants in SF State’s Commencement are required to wear academic regalia. For information on renting academic regalia, visit the Commencement website.
Please contact the PACE office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions.