George Feliz taught Economics at SFSU from 1946 to 1975, and served as the first Dean of Graduate Studies on this campus. He established an endowment to award a scholarship to an Environmental Studies major who could demonstrate financial need. The amount of the award varies, but is usually between $700 and $1000.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
- You must be an Environmental Studies major
- You must have completed freshman year
- You must have maintained a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all SFSU courses
- You must have completed at least two courses in the ENVS major
- You must be enrolled at least half-time during the current academic year.
In addition to the minimum criteria, students must demonstrate financial need (supplemental question in the Academic Works application form) and preference is given to students who are single parents. Being a single parent is a Feliz Scholarship selection preference, but you do not have to be a single parent to be eligible. Therefore, all students meeting the minimum criteria and having financial need are encouraged to apply. Learn more about the scholarship.