SF State Gerontology Program Now Accepting Applications!
Student Application Deadline for Fall 2018 Admission:Tuesday, May 1, 2018
We are currently accepting applicants for the Fall 2018 semester. The application deadline is May 1, 2018 for Fall 2018. For more information, go to: gerontology.sfsu.edu
The SFSU Gerontology Program is holding prospective student informational sessions where attendees can hear from the program faculty about the M.A. in Gerontology degree and learn about tips for a successful application and career pathways and job opportunities.
PACE End of the Year Event! Tickets Now on Sale!
The graduate recognition ceremony will take place at the PACE’s End of Year Reception, which is being held at Patio Español located at 2850 Alemany Boulevard, SF, CA 94112, Friday, May 25, 2018 from 6:00 to 9:00pm (doors open at 5:30 pm). Additional information, including the deadline to purchase tickets and RSVP, is provided below; please read it carefully.
Important Information about Tickets and the Reception
A record number of you are graduating this year – it’s the biggest graduating class in the history of PACE! Exciting as that is, it requires us to hold the reception off-site and limits the number of tickets on sale. It also means we have to adhere to the rules of the host site, so take extra care to follow the instructions we provide here. The deadline to purchase tickets & RSVP is Monday, May7th
- Tickets cost $40/person (children under 5 are free) and can be purchased through SF State’s Ecommerce. (Tickets are non-refundable)
- The event will include a sit-down dinner which includes non-alcoholic drinks, Mixed Tossed Green Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing, Entrée with Appropriate Side Dishes (choice of vegetarian lasagna or chicken breast in a sherry cream sauce), Rolls and Butter, Freshly Brewed Coffee and Dessert.
- You must purchase your tickets through this e-commerce site, https://commerce.cashnet.com/PACEGRAD
- Each graduate is allotted 5 tickets total – one for the graduate plus four guests. If you purchase more than 5 tickets at this time, we will refund any additional tickets and you will be charged a $20 processing fee. Beginning Monday, May 7th, we will have additional tickets for sale based on availability.
- Each graduating student must purchase one ticket for him/herself and a ticket for each of their guests.
- The venue is arranged with round tables which seat 10 guests per table. Seats are not available to reserve in advance. It is recommended if you have a large group, to arrive to the event early to secure your table.
- Graduating students are not required to wear academic regalia for the PACE graduate recognition ceremony.
- San Francisco State University’s annual Commencement celebration for all graduates will take place Thursday, May 24, 2018, rain or shine, at AT&T Park. Graduates can bring up to 7 guests to Commencement. For more information about Commencement, go to http://commencement.sfsu.edu
- If you attend Commencement, you will be required to wear academic regalia. For information on renting academic regalia, go to http://commencement.sfsu.edu/content/attire
Please contact the PACE office know if you have any additional questions at email@example.com.
Funding Opportunity Announcement
PACE Center for Applied Housing Research Mini-Grants
Generously supported with seed funding from Merritt Community Capital Corporation - an Oakland-based nonprofit intermediary that organizes tax syndication for low-income housing developers − PACE's nascent Center for Applied Housing Research (CAHR) seeks to expand faculty research on housing to make PACE a central hub where students, policy makers, practitioners, and other housing leaders can come together to examine and understand housing in the Bay Area and beyond. These mini-grants are intended to support faculty-led applied research projects that will generate new knowledge to address pressing affordable housing issues (at the state, regional, or local levels). Submission deadline: Monday, April 2, 2018 at 11:59 pm. Announcement of awards will be made by May 2018. The full Request for Proposals, required templates and link to the online submission portal appear below.
Online submission portal: CAHR Proposal Submission Portal
Or copy and paste the following URL into your browser: https://sfsu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0pR5eXzWE2sA0Gp