Time to Degree for MPA Graduates
The MPA degree is a 39 unit graduate program (42 units, with an internship) and can be completed within four semesters for full-time students. However, almost 85 percent of our students are part-time students, usually taking two courses per semester.
Students Incoming in Fall 2014 and Spring 2015
- 13.8 % of incoming students from Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 completed the MPA degree program within 2 years.
- 70.7 % completed the degree within three years of beginning the program.
- 84.5 % completed the degree within four years.
- 84.5% persisted to degree completion.
Comparisons to Earlier Incoming Students
- The current four-year completion rate -- 84.5 %-- is nine points more than the five-year completion rate of students initially entering the program in 2008-2009.
- Why the reductions in time to degree? A complete overhaul of the MPA curriculum, expansion of time slots and scheduling to allow more convenience for working adults, and careful attention to scheduling to accomodate student demand.