Degree requirements for the MPA program can be found in the University Bulletin.
The degree requires students to complete 39-42 units (the difference is dependent upon whether or not a student needs to take an internship or already has significant work experience) and can be completed in six to seven semesters; most students in the Program are working professionals who take classes part-time.
Students choose to specialize in one of seven areas of elective emphasis:
- Public Service Management
- Nonprofit Administration
- Public Policy
- Urban Administration
- Criminal Justice Administration
- Gerontological Administration
- Environmental Administration
- Self-designed elective emphasis