Spring 2017 Willie Brown Fellows gain experience in public sector
February 6, 2017
Ten SF State students from four different colleges were selected to become Willie L. Brown, Jr. Fellows in Spring 2017. This prestigious fellowship program provides SF State students who have faced barriers pursuing a college education with an opportunity to gain professional experience in the public sector while developing a lifelong commitment to public service. Five of the ten students are enrolled in majors in CHSS:
- Layla Luna, Environmental Studies major, is working in the City of San Francisco’s GSA/Environmental Health and Safety Division, with a focus on industrial hygiene.
- Desiree Mendez, Consumer & Family Studies/Dietetics, is working with the Mayor’s senior policy analyst on education.
- Janine Juarez, Criminal Justice, is working in San Francisco’s Adult Probation Division.
- Lucy Rensch, Child & Adolescent Development major, is working in the City’s Office of Early Care and Education.
- Soknay Lim, Health Education major, is working with the San Francisco Department of Public Health.